genushaha

recommendations for my music loving friends around the world

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stop it man, I'm dyin' over here...

I'm trying to figure out who if anybody I want to vote for tomorrow. I'll just write in Ray Ubinger's name wherever I can't find a positive choice. Such as my school board district, with has an idiot incumbent vs. a kid who just fell off the turnip truck and knows everything about how to run your life vs. Frederick Davis, a nice guy I've met before with a great libertarian name. But I just cannot bring myself to vote for him - for school board, mind you - after reading gems like this in his questionnaire:

"I should be elected because I am qualified as an individual who is currently and has been active in seeking & working toward excellent in education for all children."

The entire laff riot can be found here.

Note the frequent use of both "and" and the ampersand in the same sentence.

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Shannon Walker said...

Voting only encourages them, man.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger David Aitken said...

Write in yourself.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And he won!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger genushaha said...

"The incumbent’s performance was reflective of her qualification and educational philosophy. She has had several years to affect change in Durham Public School policies. Evaluation of her effectiveness will ultimately be determined by my election."

Indeed.

David: I did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home