genushaha

recommendations for my music loving friends around the world

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Have a Happy and a Merry!

At least that's what my sweetie likes to say this time of year. It's the perfect benediction, certain to please everyone who might be pleased by it and to offend anyone who might be offended. This whole "war on Christmas" canard bugs me silly. What the heck is the problem with someone wishing you happiness for the next couple weeks anyway? Yes, I am a Christian who will tell you "Merry Christmas!" precisely because I am grooving on the birth of our Lord. But it seems like everybody has holidays of some sort right about now. Hey, more fun for everybody! So all those people who seem to confuse George W Bush with Jesus Christ (I can understand it, y'know they really do favor each other something awful) can just STFU and let everybody sip their eggnog with their multicultural neighbors in peace. Please.

The annual batch of Mom's springerles have come and gone, a direct connection with the divine as usual. Mom, I liked the use of anise powder instead of the seeds this time, but seeds are nice too. Anything anise is nice. The chocolate chip cookies and date nut bread from my glorious mother in law are being parceled out a little more slowly. My folks also sent the Gift of Bacon this year. I wish the Gift of Bacon for all this holiday season! Oh joy!

Just one complaint. Where is Miracle on 34th Street??? It's supposed to be on several times every day this month but I haven't seen it anywhere. Well, at least we got to see the South Park Critter Cristmas episode tonight, so the season isn't a total loss.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sean!

Just wanted to say thanks for the great books you got us all this Christmas. I look forward to delving into them, especially during those bleak school vacation days when the only intellectual stimulation I get is from Dora the Explora. Hope you and the Mrs are doing well,

Love,
Mag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home