genushaha

recommendations for my music loving friends around the world

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Free Food and Groovadelic Radio Updates

By last night, the Tostitos had been completely consumed and only two of the 11 cans of Diet Mountain Dew remained. I saw the queso dip in the trash. It had been opened but apparently had been deemed unworthy.

I've been walking to and from the station for these shifts. A very pleasant walk in this mild December weather. It shows me just how out of shape I am. The first time I made that brisk half mile walk last week I was starting to get winded by the end. But after just a few days my stamina is improving. It's the most exercise I've gotten all year, and I'm even starting to actively enjoy it.

The transition to a swing shift schedule is pretty much complete, just in time for me to try to get back on the rest of the world's time. I love the night time, but I don't particularly care for being in a surly pre-coffee state at 2pm every day. I'll probably take some extra shifts in January, but doing it every day is starting to take its toll.

One thing I am proud of is playing all different stuff despite all this air time. I've been methodically reviewing the stacks and pulling out all the stuff I used to play and had forgotten about. Still have most of the jazz, country, world and electronica stacks to peruse, so it's not like I'm lacking for material.

Don't forget, starting at midnight tonight we'll have 24 hours of Afrobeat at WXDU. (see links to the right to listen or follow along) Thanks to the most glorious Georg for putting this together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home