genushaha

recommendations for my music loving friends around the world

Monday, July 11, 2005

Today's Silly Law

Most laws are stupid and destructive, but some are just downright silly.

Presented to the Governor today, here's the list of new special interest vanity plates soon available to NC taxpayers:

Air Medal Recipient
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
ARC of North Carolina
Autism Society of North Carolina
Buddy Pelletier Surfing Foundation
Coastal Conservation Association
Cold War Veteran
Corvette Club
Guilford Battleground Company
Marine Corps League
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
National Wild Turkey Federation
NC Trout Unlimited
North Carolina Aquariums
North Carolina Libraries
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
North Carolina Wildlife Habitat Foundation
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Scuba
Shag Dancing
Share the Road
Tarheel Classic Thunderbird Club
Watermelon

Huh, cold war veteran, that's a good one. The watermelon is tempting, but I think I'll pass, thanks.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Paul Elledge said...

Will this actually cost the taxpayers any money? Like Sarah says, the recipients have to pay the extra cost, not the taxpayers, right? If so, I don't really see any reason to oppose this.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger genushaha said...

Until we pay for most government through user fees or semi-voluntary methods like this, I personally object to all the state's revenue streams.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watermelon license plates? Why...that's just racist! ::grin::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home