Garage Rock tonight
When I started this blog, I didn't think it was going to be so dominated by my radio show. But that's OK. Tonight besides my usual 2-5am quiet time show, I'm also taking my turn on "Who's Got the Cuckoo?," the gargage rock show from 10.30-11.30pm. So get your low-fi rock'n'roll requests ready!
Since I'll be playing lots of 2-3 minute songs and trying to enjoy myself, I doubt I'll post the garage rock playlist, but I'll be able to keep up with the regular show in real time here. One reason I enjoy doing that is that way people in these bands can find me and know that their music is getting airplay. I received a very nice note from Adam at Hometapes records a couple weeks back thanking me for playing Feathers so much, which is cool because their "Absolute Noon" is such a great record, kinda like a less affected Stereolab, very pleasantly melodic stuff. It's the kind of feedback that makes it all worthwhile.
2 Comments:
Speaking of feedback, I thought you might like to know about this ... Nice stuff here, Sean!
Thanks for the kind words! That definitely earns a link. Hope you can tune in on the web and enjoy the show in its full glory. The other shows on WXDU are pretty darn good too. And they don't even pay me to say that. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home